Sunday, April 8, 2012

Coaster Boaster



I've been obsessed with Pinterest since I've found it. Gave me a lot of things to do during my time off. Here is another thing I did. Super cute DIY coasters. Here is the inspiration






It was pretty easy. All you do is get some tiles at your local hardware store. I got mine at Home Depot for about 16 cents each. Then I took out my pretty papers! I must say that I like the paper from the ones above a little better than mine. But I think mine are pretty cute too.

Supplies:
- Tiles
- Modge Podge
- Foam Brush
- Pretty paper
- Ruler
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Clear Glaze (I used Krylon Triple Thick Clear Glaze found at Michael's)

Step 1: Cut you paper to size. About 4in x 4in for my tiles
Step 2: Spread thin layer of Modge Podge over tiles.




Step 3: Lay paper on immediately and firmly press and smooth paper to get out any wrinkles or bubbles. Let dry.
Step 4: Spread a new thin layer of Modge Podge on top of paper. Let dry again and repeat once more. I did a second coat of this just to make sure it was really on there.





Step 5: Once everything is dry, spray a couple coats of clear glaze over the tiles to make them shiny and seal/protect your beautiful paper. After that, you have gorgeous coasters. I made way more than I need to so I can give them out as gifts. Easy Peasy!




1 comment: